Sislers Stone: 7139 Lee Highway, Falls Church, VA 22046 | Phone: 703.532.0169 | Hours: Mon-Sat, 7:00am - 4:00pm

History of Sislers

In the early 1920's,W.D. Sisler and his brother Jacob, started Sislers Brothers Monumental Works and Manufacturers in Harrisonburg, VA. Then in the early 1930's W. D. moved his family to Northern Virginia and started his own monument business. He and his wife Alberta had five sons and four daughters. The family's business original site was in Cherrydale, off of Lee Hwy, in Arlington, VA.

Then in 1937 W. D. moved the business to Falls Church, VA, and we are still here more than 70 years later! In addition to his monument business, W. D. and family built a saw mill and made handles for various tools, and cut bed slats for Montgomery Wards.

Before World War II W. D. purchased a quarry in Haymarket, VA, and began to sell flagstone and other building stone. He and his sons then became stone masons.

During the war three of the sons entered service in the Navy. Fortunately, all three returned from the war and were able to re-join the family business. After the war the popularity for materials and stone work increased so that the demand from the quarry could not be met. The family then began to have various products delivered from other states. The business became incorporated in 1942, changing the name to Sislers, Inc., or as most of our customers knows us as Sislers Stone.

In 1948 after W. D. passed the family decided to stop the saw mill and concentrate on providing customers with building material and stone masonry.

Sislers is now a third generation family owned business with the same concerns for our customers as we had in the 1930's. We look forward to continuing to serve the metropolitan area homeowners and contractors with thankfulness and appreciation for their business that has kept us here for over 70 years!

Linked In
Flickr
Share to Facebook Add us on Google+ Share to Twitter Share to Pinterest Stumble It Email This More...